Before we dive into practical applications on how you can structure your ClickUp account, let’s take a closer look into how it’s segmented.
- This is your account or if you have clients with ClickUp you can integrate it with yours so that it shows up in your dashboard, then you can shift around so that you can manage their workspace.
- Ex. Ask Yvi
- You can categorize the areas in your business by creating designated “spaces”.
- Ex. (under the Ask Yvi workspace) Ask Yvi Business, ClickUp IRL, Marketing
- Organize the files that’s related to a particular space. You will want to create folders that is aptly labeled so that you know what it’s for. You can create documents and store them in folders for easy access.
- Ex. (under the Ask Yvi Business space) Content, Mini-Courses, Course
- You can create lists directly under spaces OR inside folders if you want to be extra organized, but lists (for the lack of a better word) is where you list things down.
- Ex. (under the Content folder) YouTube, Blog, Social Media, CAST
- Tasks are the “big picture” things that needs to get done — either by you or someone in your team.
- Ex. (insert Ask Yvi blog post title) for Content, I usually name the tasks with the title of the video/blog post and then it gets broken down into sub tasks, AND THEN broken down even further into smaller, manageable to-do lists (checklists).
- Some tasks tend to overlap, so sub tasks help keep the bigger steps organized.
- Ex. Video prep, video editing, blog post, marketing
- Some tasks entail more work than others, this is where sub tasks come in, you can use this to further break down the task that needs to get done.
- Ex. (under the Video Prep sub task) storyboarding, video recording, video optimization
BONUS feature mention!
- You can build your SOPs and store important data using documents. I’ve created a handy guide + video walk through on how to make ClickUp documents (without making a HUGE mess!)
Don’t forget to grab your FREE downloadable guide below!
want to learn how to use clickup to automagically track tasks, store sops, and more... so much more?
Fallen in love with ClickUp yet? Wait until you’ve unlocked all of its FULL potential!
Join me and our budding community of ClickUp aficionados as we uncover and share new features, fixes, and other platform hacks to catapult your business to productivity haven.