Revolutionize your workflows by creating custom templates for ClickUp
As you know (or might not know), you can create custom templates for ClickUp even though we don’t have an actual ClickUp templates library yet.
Okay, you’re probably wondering, “But if there’s no template library for ClickUp tasks, then how in the hell are we going to make one from scratch?!”
The secret is in the SPACES.
No, really… I created a dedicate space just to create custom workflow templates, since that’s currently the only way to build templates for now.
How to Build a Custom Template for ClickUp That Works:
- Build out tasks as completely as you possibly can, but make sure that you are doing so with your latest workflow in mind. Include due dates, descriptions, attachments, documents, and other information that is needed to fulfill the task.
- Don’t be afraid to add subtasks and checklists.
- Run through your tasks again and see if you need to optimize anything.
- Once you’re done, click on the three dots ( . . . ) and choose Save as Template.
- If this is a fresh template, make sure you name it appropriately so it’s easier to find when you need it.
- Set the accessibility conditions.
- Only Me — the template will only be available to you. Useful for when you don’t want anyone using or messing with your templates.
- Admins — set it to this feature if you’re working with several projects and collaborate with other managers.
- Select People — useful if you want an operations manager, online business manager, or a trusted VA to share in the responsibility of delegating tasks with you.
- All Members — everybody in your team in ClickUp can use, upload, and make changes to your template.
Now you know how to make a custom template in ClickUp.
Pro Tip: If you need to make any changes to your existing templates, all you need to do is go back to your spaces and pick the template that needs to be updated. So, make sure that you always create custom templates based on your latest workflow!
But if you want to skip all this hullabaloo, then you can also just grab my custom templates and start using it for your business.
MORE Ask Yvi Content YOU MIGHT LIKE:
want to learn moure about ClickUp and how to automagically track tasks, store sops, and more… so much more?
Fallen in love with ClickUp yet? Wait until you’ve unlocked all of its FULL potential!
Join me and our budding community of ClickUp aficionados as we uncover and share new features, fixes, and other platform hacks to catapult your business to productivity haven.